yard attendant /light mechanic
Action Wrecker Service Inc. is a privately held company established over 30 years ago in the Midland area. We're now accepting applications for a Yard Attendant / Light Mechanic.
This person will be in charge of moving towed vehicles throughout the tow yard, light engine repair and maintenance of Diesel Tow Vehicles, some building / yard maintenance. Experience must include forklift experience, diesel engine maintenance / engine repair. Tow experience is a plus. Employee will be required to obtain their TDLR and VSF licenses. Position is a PERMANENT, hourly, non-exempt position and also gets a 25% commission on any tows performed plus hourly wage for non-tow work $18.00 - $20.00 /hr. Some overtime possible.
- For Insurance / Contract /Licensing purposes...Must have a clean driving record for 3 years(no tickets or at fault accidents) and no criminal convictions (misdemeanor, felony or DUI). Full background check and MVR check WILL BE PERFORMED!
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and random periodic drug tests.
- Must speak English fluently. Spanish is a plus.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be legally able to work for any employer in the U.S. We use E-Verify and therefore require a social security card.
TDLR training paid for by the company for acceptable applicants. Health insurance from Blue Cross for as little as $29 per paycheck, 401K with matching, 100% company paid Life, Short term disability and Workers Comp Insurance, paid vacation after 1 year of service, Uniforms and in-office perks included. Our drivers are the best paid and are highly respected. We keep a high standard and compensate accordingly with a generous commission & benefits package.